Beautiful Worlds

by Faye Kusairi

12.12.09

 

Fayumie

Once, I had this one really good/close friend of mine. Her name is Umie. Such a krezi cute girl, yet a dearly darling of mine. We were classmates back then in Form 4. I remembered that first day when school started after the semester holiday. A friend told me that she has a friend which was in the same class with me. So, there we were being introduced to each other. I offered Umie to sit next to me, second row from the class room door. We clicked just instantly, and urbanised as bestfriends (Fayumie) by at the end of the week.

We shared secrets, joys and even punishes by the teachers. When I had a huge family issues, she was always there with me, for me. She gave me strength when I needed one. She gave me laughter in my tears. She's the best. I used to tell her that she was my moving diary, cause back then I wasn't into the internet much. Blogging wasn't my idea of writing my thoughts. So I had diaries. And everytime I finished my diary, she'll be the one who will keep it. I trust her with my life. Then when it was 2004, we were in our final year of high school. My family issues was getting up tied and worse. Umie was the only person I would talk to in school. I loved her like she's my own blood. Well, to me she still is.

After my engagement with my ex-fiance, Umie & I became loosen. She was involved in a serious relationship with her own boyfriend and I was busy with mine. Then I went to KL to further my studies, Umie was devastated. I was too, but at that time I was thinking of my future with my ex. So, it didn't bother me much. After 2 years been busy with my engaged life, my ex left me with no reason and I suddenly feel so lost. Umie was there for me, just for a brief of time. It was cool. Me and Umie had lotsa fun until I had to leave Miri for KL again. Duty calls, I was assign to run my mother's business in KL. And that was the last time, we had fun. KL grow in me just a little too much til Fayumie was fading away unnoticed. Umie was engaged already by that time. I wasn't in Miri when the ceremony took part. I felt terrible. But Umie didn't took it as a big deal. She's the coolest! I swear!

Couple years passed by and we met once again when I went back to Miri. That was about 2 years plus with only minimum catching up through the phone and Facebook. Things changed. And it wasn't little. It was more like a gap there between us. But still, we shared lotsa things. Just less interest. It made me miss the old times. I'm so sorry, I sound so selfish. You see, Umie was such a good friend. I miss her alot.

Recently, Apis and her just got married. And here I am. In KL. I was supposed to go back to attend her wedding. Instead of attending, I send her couple sms-es apologising and congratulationing her. How I wish I was there to lend a hand on her wedding and to tell her how stunning she looks on her big day. I'll cherish her forever.

Umie, if you're reading this. I wanna tell and remind you that, no matter how far we are and how less closeness we share right now, you will always be the best friend I ever had. Congrats on your wedding, may Allah blessed you and Apis with good will, fortunes and hapiness. You deserve nothing but the best. Thanks for everything.




"Sikda nok sehebat ko. Ko nyawaKu, Ko gengKu & Ko bestfriendKu. Aku sayang ko!"

fayumie forever.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   April 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]