Beautiful Worlds

by Faye Kusairi

21.1.10

 

Life's Retreat


Once, there lived a man of gloomy traits. Overcast bygones of painful memories he claimed, a living dead residing a life of a being. The story began when he found hope until she walks along his path. His words pushed people away. His days were spent talking of life as if it were some dead thing that interested him in only most abstracts way. He was just a shell field with what others said. A sheep they could lead anywhere they wanted. He filled his head with feigns; believing in lonesome and that he don’t need love to reside. This girl came along in such an unexpected way. So this is his story...

I stayed in aloof. She saw through my lies, I resisted as her hands tried to pull me back in life. I was incapable of committing; correlating with love. I would just hurt her, her lips kept asking – indirectly mostly, but I kept in silence; observing the manner and consequences which I sometimes couldn’t understand. “No” was the only word I knew. She kept asking.

The first moments, I looked at myself. Asking, “What did she see?” My eyes were heir same dull colour. My hair went in as many different directions as it always had. I could still hear her words. Why would she be keen on me? My heart jumped, wanting to know. Her face lost all colour when I finally said. “Yes.”

As I sat next to her with my arm around her (a move copied from some half-remembered movie). I could suddenly see what the couple on the screen were seeing in each other’s eyes. I can still remember the moment when we said goodbyes and the soft glow from the road light. The way our lips fumbled together. Her eyes as they sparkled while she gradually drifted away. I would sell my soul to live this moment again and again. Her giggles will always haunt me.

The world that greeted me the next day wasn’t the same one I’d lived in for years. Something had changed as I drove home with a smile carved in my heart. Suddenly the world became softer, safer. She taught me to listen as I do to her. I could feel what I had tried to ignore my whole life. For the first time a long while, I could talk of myself. My mind started racing. She could care so deeply for me and so I began to give back the love I felt. I caught myself smiling the other day. I’ll probably try it again.

Before, I thought of love as something I could be a friend of, that it will never affect me much ever again; a nuisance. My words would protect me but she helped topple my house of lies. I once again feel love and relive a life I once blocked. She showed me hope and taught me more than any book ever could. I know now that I am in the right path. I’d never know it until I met her.

inspired by A Sweet November.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   April 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]