Beautiful Worlds

by Faye Kusairi

9.2.10

 

Allure Star


Life is a chance to grow a soul. Thus, for a soul to grow requires a companion along the way. Family, relatives, friends, lover, strangers or even foes are a part of the unity in each of our existence. Life grows in time of seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks or years. Moments were captured impromptu; an event we weren’t aware of. But at the end of the day, it’s not the years in your life’s that counts. It’s the life in your years.

Friday, February 5th, 2010


Recently, I went on a trip back to Firdaus’s hometown in Alor Setar, Kedah. I’d express my deepest gratitude for these moments I’ve been away to cherish one life; a trip to the yesteryears of my better half’s journey of life.

I saw stars along the way. Then as the sun rises, paddy fields green over the wide surface of earth. It was so breathe taking. The air is cleaner and I could feel peace in the harmonic atmosphere in Kedah. I finally arrived at the home of my better half. His mother welcomed us at the door upon our arrival. I was nervous (as usual). Then so, we had breakfast together that morning. We had a dish called ‘Nasi Royale’; I reckon a majority favourite there. The dish was very interesting, though I could not finish mine due to my unlikely tummy after for about 5 hours sitting in the car. My mind was feeling numb as well. Then after breakfast, I was shown some photos of my better half. Most of it was when he was in his puerile years. He was so adorable in those photos. Later, his mother had shown me his room for me to sleep in. Both of us took a nap before going visiting a friend of his mother.

My first day was okay. By the time we got back home with his mother, it was near 10pm. Firdaus took his usual ciggy and we chilled outside of his home while admiring his dad’s old school yellow VW beetle. I called my mum to update her about myself being in Alor Setar. As we sat there on his front boot car, I looked up into the sky and stared at the stars. Gosh, it was so quiet and peaceful. I felt home and overwhelmed. And so, I smiled honestly, thanking God for giving me the opportunity to be there at that time. Then, we spent the night watching DVD; a Beautiful Mind. It was a good story, though I was really tired after a long day. So I slept in front of the TV beside Firdaus. He woke me up and accompanied me to the room. My first night ended with a promising day for tomorrow and kiss on my forehead by him. Then “I love you” he said.

The sun shines beautifully in Anak Bukit on that Saturday morning. My second day started as I woke up at approximately 9.30am. As usual, Firdaus was still in his sleep. I went into his mother’s bedroom to take my bath and there he was sleeping on her bed. Poor Firdaus, exhausted after a long drive. So then we had roti canai for breakfast. Firdaus’s youngest brother, Faiz and his friends were at home as well. But they had to go to Pulau Pinang at noon. Meanwhile, I helped Firdaus’s mother preparing for lunch. Right after lunch, we spent the whole afternoon watching Forest Gump until Acap texted Firdaus, inviting us to chill out at Oldtown. We went there using his dad’s old school yellow VW beetle. I feel so cute sitting inside! Afterwards from Oldtown, Firdaus had brought me to eat one of his favourite ‘thing’ near his high school called Cucuk. Damn! I love it. Too bad the rojak stall wasn’t open. So, ALL HAIL MIRI’S ROJAK!


This is the cucuk stall Firdaus had brought me. The rojak stall which is located near to this stall was supposed to be open but it didn't. So, rain check I guess. Too bad.






Then after enjoying the cucuk, we went visiting Firdaus high school; Sultan Abdul Hamid College (SAHC). Honestly I felt proud being there. Firdaus and Acap shared their moment, memories during their high school times. Then I felt overwhelmed. I thought to myself that I was given an opportunity to view Firdaus’s journey to adulthood. A sneak into his past, I felt very luck to know it in the present. I was standing nobly in front of his high school and thank God for giving me the opportunity to share a part of his previous life with me. Utter gratitude (1995 - 1999).

As the sun sets off, we went back home. Acap had suggested spending the break of dawn at the seashore near the Jetty in Kuala Kedah. Though we were a little too tired to be able to wake up that early, so we had to cancel that plan. That night, we went out eating Kuey Teow Iman with Acap. By midnight, Firdaus had brought me driving along Alor Setar town. We talked along the way. My heart was so at ease at that point. A moment I will cherish for the rest of my life. As we got back home, Firdaus had his usual ciggy at the balcony near his room. We sat there until 2.30am talking about his childhood times. He told me that he saw a different side of me along the time I’m there.
From the bottom of my heart, I could not wish to be anywhere else but there with him. I love him deeply.

Then by dawn, Firdaus and I had gone to fetch his younger sister, Ejah at the bus station.

The next morning I woke up near noon! Again, poor Firdaus looked so tired in his sleep. I took my bath then woke him up and made him to take his bath as well. “Today’s the day” I told him. It’s the day he’s getting his new haircut. Damnnnnn!!! He texted his friend to make an appointment then we went to Pakmi to enjoy Nescafe Ais Tarik; also known as NAT. But before that we had gone to the carwash. I have to make an honest statement that NAT was so so GOOD! I’m not a fan of coffee or Nescafe, but this particular shop serves the BEST NAT ever. I loike!!! There, we chilled the noon with Badut and Acap. At 4pm, we had make a move to CityPoint to go to Pun’s saloon; where Firdaus is getting his hair fixed. There, we had Chicken Mee Soup, which I personally enjoy. So Chinese, so I like! We spent approximately 2 hours and 3o minutes there, though the outcome’s utter excellence! I so love Firdaus new look. I reckon he’s diggin’ it as well.


“ Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. Things are the way they are but things will not stay the way they are for there are no permanent changes because change itself is permanent. Life is always at some turning point. ”


Later that evening, Firdaus had brought me driving around to Kuala Kedah. We drove around taking photos until sunset. We went back home to rest before leaving for KL. We had spent the whole night with Firdaus’s family. His dad was around as well, so we had dinner together. I really felt welcomed. Consequently I can’t stop thanking God for giving me these moments. I am in humble of appreciating everything I had feel, shared and given through my time being in Alor Setar. 

By midnight, we had started our journey back to the hectic city of KL. I looked up into the clear sky and stared at the stars. I took one last look at the divine sky of Kedah and feel that one last feeling of harmony and peace. I thought to myself, Goodbye for now Alor Setar. I’ll come back once more.

My first visit was exquisite and tasteful. To end with, I reckon that this trip was definitely one memorable trip. It had showed me that I was walking into the right path in life. I’d share my life with Firdaus and trust him to take care of me as how I would take care of him. Indeed, we are what we are supposed to be, forevermore.


M u h d  F i r d a u s  S h a h


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   April 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]