Beautiful Worlds

by Faye Kusairi

20.7.10

 

Gemini : It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This.


I read an article saying that, “many of the world's intellectuals are Geminis”. So I guess that makes me a great thinker then.*Joking* Though, some what little about me is that my mind is insatiable. It's so quick on the uptake that I can't understand why everyone else is grasping what I got in a split second. In fact, by the time they try to catch up with me, my mind has become bored by the inactivity. And by then, I've already turned and twisted the knowledge around just to see what would happen. Hence, to keep my mind active and occupied.

Some people mistake this playful brilliance as deception or dishonesty though. I think it's just simply because they can't keep up with me. But I guess I am just trying to keep things interesting. My mind needs to be fed with new ideas on a constant basis. Having recognized this at an early age, I’ve become remarkably adept at satisfying it. Moreover, being witty is my forte. I love to laugh. Some people say I’m good at sharp humour. I’m particularly fond of puns and wordplay. “Mercury rules writing, language, and a love of words”. Thus, I am quite the social charmer.

Not being vain or anything, but I guess I am popular. Oh c’mon! I guess you've already know that. *Pfft* I enjoy people, and I love to watch them to keep my mind busy. I’m surely at my best at parties, at the office and school. Well, I think it's basically anywhere I can find people with whom I can laugh with. Somehow, I tend to thrive on gossip and news. I mean I think the constant need of information is vital, even more than food! I know, that's unfortunately weird (even for me!).

Moreover, I am an avid reader. Again, it’s because the need for ideas and the love of words. In fact, I think I am one of the few people who can read a book, watch TV, and talk on the phone all at the same time. I relish thinking on several levels at once. Multitasking is my talent. *giggle*

Hence, I have a natural affinity for word puzzles. Well, I guess any types of puzzles. Thus, I found myself rather linguistic somehow. I enjoy learning foreign language but I do need to read more constructively. People say it's for the knowledge that will help me in the real world.

Here's another uplifting facts I read in that articale. "Many Geminis are multi-talented". Proves: The great thinker, Jean-Paul Sartre (June 21) was a poet, novelist, and philosopher. John F. Kennedy (May 29) was not only a great president but also a respected author (Profiles in Courage) and one of America's most gifted intellectuals. The Russian composer Igor Stravinsky (June 5) showed his precocity by penning his most famous pieces at a young age, then, like a true Gemini, not content to rest on his laurels, continued to innovate and experiment to satisfy his own mind, at the expense of confusing the public. He even lectured on poetry at Harvard. And of course, there’s me. Faye Kusairi, everything she touches will somehow turns to gold. Well, bronze (at the least).


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2009   September 2009   October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   April 2011  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]